Wednesday 30 September 2015

ZENDAYA'S BARBIE DOLL ELICITS CONTROVERSIAL REACTIONS FROM CELEBS

Zendaya (below) will soon have her own Barbie doll edition after Mattei announced they were creating a Barbie doll in her likeness. 

When news of this hit the social media website, various celebs' reacted. When I was little I couldn't find a Barbie that looked like me, my...how times have changed: Zendaya wrote an Instagram post. "Thank you @Barbie for this honor and for allowing me to be apart [sic] of your diversification and expansion of the definition of beauty. Can't wait to keep doing amazing things with you:
Nicki Minaj was one of the stars who reached out to Zendaya to congratulate her on the honor,while also reminding everyone t hat she was honored with her own Barbie in 2011.
"Congrats on your doll, Zendaya! Did u know Barbie made me one a cpl years back? It was such an honor & a HUGE surprise. Anyway, I love your doll's hair! I love what it means for other little girls who will identify with it & be empowered. Continue to be proud of yourself girls!!!!! #Barbie : Nicki wrote.
But Nicki wasn't the only one with a...multi-Iayered reaction to Zendaya's new doll. In a tweet that's since been deleted , Demi Lovato floated the idea of a Barbie with Demi's body (and, likely, her face and name),while pointing out the fact that Zendaya's model-thin frame actually falls
squarely in the traditional, Barbie endorsed body standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment