Wednesday 30 September 2015

WAHU: I GREW UP IN A LEAKY HOUSE

AWARD winning singer Wahu (left) revealed to her fans in Nakuru that she grew up in poverty.
The Sweet Love singer told the youth gathered for the Nakuru Youth Week Cultural Festival at the Players theatre that her parents could barely make end meets.

They had a leaky house. "Often times, people would keep asking where the bathroom was as the whole house leaked from everywhere," she remembered.
Wahu told the youth that her love for singing started in their bath room.
" I would sing for hours while taking a shower.Woe unto the person who came after me to shower," she said. "Everything was working against me to fulfill my dreams. Many [people1 told me to forget about my dreams because they were not practical. I told God I wanted to be happy. I decided to write down the things I enjoyed doing."
The diva famed for her track Sitishiki decided to keep busy by working as a volunteer for an advertising company for a year. " I needed the experience which at the end of the day enabled me to start my own advertising company. My love for creative design has seen me open three beauty salons . I have
always loved beauty, which has seen me venture into the salon industry." Wahu challenged the youth to follow their dreams. She quoted the late televangelist Myles Munroe saying that the richest place in the world was the grave as many hidden talents laid there underutilized.
"Do not let anyone tell you you cannot achieve your dreams. The only person coming between you and your dream is you," she advised, "We are our own worst enemies. We give ourselves excuses on why we cannot have or even achieve our dreams."

No comments:

Post a Comment