Tuesday 22 September 2015

'MY FIRST KISS WAS FROM PRESIDENT MOI'

TV music star Magdalene Muckoya (left), who has cut her teeth in popular talent search TV shows, says former President Daniel arap Moi was her “first
kiss”.
“I was one of the flower girls who were selected to present the president with a bouquet of flowers as a welcome gesture,” Magdaline told NEWSPOT254. “When I presented him with the flowers he pecked my cheek. I remember thinking, ‘Oh no, a dude just pecked my face’.”
She added laughing, “Those days kissing wasn’t my cup of tea, so the peck on my cheeks sent me straight to the bathroom.”
Magdalene, who was a finalist in Tusker Project Fame 2, narrated how years later her path crossed with the regal statesman.
“His excellency Moi officiated the opening of our huge dinning hall at Kijabe High School. As the school artist and curtain raiser I performed a solo that
impressed him so much, he gave me a monetary greeting... a money
handshake. I was honoured to sing a special for him.”
Magdalene has been on numerous TV shows like The Presenter and Kenya’s Greatest Entertainer dubbed Kenge which she won. She hosted The Ultimate
Choir, a talent search TV show for choirs.
Currently, she performs with the Central Jazz East Africa Band at the Hilton once a week. She is also working on her new gospel album.

No comments:

Post a Comment