Monday 4 July 2016

PLACES




Hello people
Been gone for too long. But no chills. My weekend was great, super fun thank you God for the sunshine. Trust yours went well too.
Moving on from where we left last time.
Team let us explore Tharaka Nithi County.

3. THE MARIMANTI BAOBAB RESORT
Adventure lovers; get your travel bags ready. Your next weekend getaway with your loved one, family or friends is sorted. This place suits literally everyone. It’s a long journey. I would say it is tiring, but it’s filled with so much awe and breathtaking sites, I realized am tired when I finally took a rest in the evening.  Located in the woods, with a touch of human and luxury, the resort is the dream place for anyone who needs a one on one encounter with forest and adventure with a tip of good food and rest. From the old time rare tree species to the forever standing historic rocks, my geography knowledge from high school came back in full. Why didn’t you bring us here? Geography teacher?
The swimming pool
This place is at a hundred degrees, so a desired plunge into some cool waters would come in handy. I had to hold myself from getting a dip into this heavenly pool. And you do not have to worry about getting hot immediately! There is a generous supply of umbrella trees around. Do not worry about your angels! The baby pool is as sweet as they would want it. Afraid you might not be able to do your “deep diving”? There is four feet deep available for you. Hello, team lukewarm? You can hang around and dip your feet in the waters. It’s all I do! And until I try actual swimming, I want to believe that it is the best experience I can have around a pool.
The scenery
I would glare at something out of the norm for hours! I would watch birds fly for a whole day. Sit under a shade and enjoy the scenery! and this resort? I just couldn’t get enough. I mean, what’s not to love about the birds chirping the day away, the butterflies flying just past your face, ducks walking around the lawns while you sip your cold smoothie or fresh juice from the fully stocked bar?  Isn’t it just adorable? Sweet? Heavenly? 
And a family would not have to look for an extra yard place for the little ones. Its accommodates everyone.
Food food food food.
Call me a combiner, but food is a very essential component of any day away. Everyone needs a spoiler, once in a while. Why not take the ride to this place for the weekend and just eat your health away for a day or two? I got a taste of their chicken, and there is no looking back. If anyone can make chicken right, then they can make anything else under the cluster “food” right. And the chef here can make the chicken right. Make a date.
Take a rest, in cupid style
The cottages are just out of this world. Furnished to give you the homey feeling, without denying you the opportunity of remembering that you are on holiday and need to relax, and also reminding you that you can work boss. You can!
I would write an entire post about this place, but that will be giving you a whole experience. And clearly, any adventure lover, any site seer and any introvert swimmer looking for a place to do a meeting with self, has to find their way to this place.
Until then, I stole some memories for you.








4. THE RUKINDU COUNTRY LODGE
Been looking for home away from home? You are home.
Located off Chuka-Meru Highway, about five hundred meters from the Chuka Bonanza School, the lodge provides an ambience anyone would appreciate even without setting foot into the lodge. Clearly demarcated and fenced, you do not have to worry about a getaway place anymore when around Tharaka Nithi.
Bring the kids! 
There is enough lawn to play and fly the kites. And the swings when the running around gets boring.
While they play, enjoy their peace as you gulp down a drink of your choice from the open bar. From the carbonated and energy drinks, to the fresh fruit juices, to some alcoholic water, there is just enough space and ambience to engage in some “stories for Monday” behavior.
The lawns
While waiting for my pre-ordered meal to get ready, I lazed around and enjoyed the cool air seated on the lawn. This place is so homely; you could sit and glare all day. Stare at the blue skies, take a walk around. Whatever! Just enjoy the lawns. The next time does not always happen.
The architecture
Anyone enjoys spending some hours having some fun while feeding the eyes to some out of the norm views. I would not exactly find the words to define the view, but let me try…. Wooden curves, shaped up to form a dome with a rooftop canopy that you get to book beforehand. Sectioned up private booths where you get to have your personal space catered for inside the larger dome, and an out of the norm dance floor that makes you want to dance to the voices in your head. Did I do it right? My vocabulary ran out here. Probably the captions would do a better job. Humans are visual beings.
 

Your accommodation just the way you would love it on a night away from home.
King-size bed that springs you to Disney land, in a homey suite that provides you with all the features of a holiday, weekend away from home you want. You will want the nights to get longer. The good thing about it, far from the hype, and with a quiet neighborhood, you just get a feel of home, while you are completely and off away from it. You can work from these suites, you can do your morning workout here, and you can roll up when you want to do a movie on the wall. There is too much space!
And value for your money.
Ahem.
I am not doing a travel guide for myself or anyone to a place without good mouth awakening food! If it made it to my good books, then good food is available. I have a special attachment to what is on my plate every time a plate appears on my table, whether am at home or eating out.
You will not have to worry about health threats or cold food. Your meal is made on order. How you like it. Spicy? Check. Plain? Check. Sour? Check. Anyhow. Just do the order.
I had my good time here. This is probably one of my favorite joints around this county. Get your experience too. I did the pretesting for you. And trust me, I don’t lie. Unless I really have to, to save myself from a beating or something close to that. And I am not risking any beatings here. So…….



5. THE ECO LODGE-KAJUKI
Another adventure full getaway destination. I passed by this place late in the night, and the night life was just splendid. Too bad though, you only get the food as at now. The suites are still coming up. But take it from me; it’s going to be a heaven on earth for us when it’s done. I will want to spend a night or two in those suites. Am waiting on them like… so you’ll definitely know when they are done.

It was a splendid time taking rides to get more for this post for the fun lovers like myself. I trust you will enjoy the rides and places too.
Have a great Tuesday lovely people.

Mwende.



No comments:

Post a Comment